A modern icon, subtly refined over a half century of surf and sun. Classic shorter length. The Noah x Birdwell 310 features an exclusive print and a cobranded patch on the front and cobranded label on back waist.
The original “Birdies” were born in 1961, when surf mom Carrie Birdwell Mann sewed the first pairs for her sons in her Southern California living room. Hoping to replace the canvas shorts popular with surfers at the time with something safer and more functional, she found inspiration in the sails of the boats docked at nearby Newport Beach. Originally working with off-the-shelf spinnaker cloth, she soon commissioned Birdwell’s signature nylon fabric, SurfNyl™️, and replicated the two-layer construction and triple seams of the most durable sails and an American icon was born.
The 310 board short holds closest to Ms. Birdwell’s original design — lightly modernized and improved over more than 50 years of field testing by lifeguards and surfers who depend on their Birdies to last a lifetime of waves. Each pair of their 310 board shorts is hand cut from their proprietary SurfNyl™️ and sewn by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California. With a simple button fly, a tab closure for an adjustable fit, these will never go out of style.
- Features: 9-color paisley design on SurfNyl™ exterior. Triple lace closure with nickel plated grommets. Birdwell x Noah patch on left leg. Birdwell x Noah woven label on center back of waistband. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly.
- Fit: Short length. Outseams range between 14” – 18” depending on your waist size. Tab closure allows for minor adjustments in fit.
- Fabric: SurfNyl™️ exterior and lining for strength, comfort, and durability.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. Hang dry only.
Domestic orders are shipped via UPS Ground and include a tracking number. International orders are shipped via DHL Express and typically arrive in 2-5 days depending on your location. All applicable duties, taxes and fees will be included in the total amount of your order. We guarantee you will not be required to pay any additional cost on delivery unless you have opted out of paying them during checkout.
Items returned within 14 days of their original shipment date in same as new condition will be eligible for a full refund or store credit. Items returned within 30 days of their original shipment date in same as new condition will be eligible for a store credit. Shipping and handling is not refundable and all sale items are final purchase. If Free Shipping has been provided, there will be a restocking fee depending upon region: $15 for domestic orders, $20 for Canada, & $30 For international.
Returns/refunds are not eligible under the following conditions: An item has been washed, worn, or damaged More than 3 of the same product was purchased Your order was flagged for fraud or reselling purposes To process a return, please click here